Academic Position: Professor
- 2002: PhD in Geology, School of Geology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, Title of PhD thesis “Organic Geochemistry and Petrology of Amynteo lignites, Northern Greece”
- 1998: MSc in Mineral Resources and Environment, School of Geology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- 1993: Diploma in Geology School of Geology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- 02/2012 – 07/2012: Museo Nacional de Ciencias Naturales (CSIC), Madrid,Spain, Visiting Researcher (sabbatical), Topic: analytical studies of ancient pigments, gallstones and aerosols, with emphasis on the
μRaman spectroscopy and SEM/EDX techniques.
- 10/2009-03/2010: Museo Nacional de Ciencias Naturales (CSIC), Madrid,Spain, Visiting Researcher (sabbatical), Topic: archaeometrical analyses of mortars, ceramics, pigments and biomaterials, with emphasis on the μRaman spectroscopy and Cathodoluminescence techniques.
- 1/2004-12/2005 Dept. of Geotechnology and Environmental Engineering, TEI of Western Macedonia, Kozani, Greece, Participation in a research programme entitled ‘Environmental risk assessment of Polyfytos lake, West Macedonia region, Greece’.
- 10/2003-09/2004: Dept. of Geotechnology and Environmental Engineering, TEI of Western Macedonia, Kozani, Greece, Post-doc fellowship on XRD study of lignites and coal-combustion by-products
05/2002-10/2002: Concrete Technology Unit, School of Civil Engineering, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK, Research/Teaching fellow (post doc, full-time), Manufacturing of cement using recycled glass and fly ash
- 07/2000-12/2001: School of Geology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, Participation in a bilateral research programme between Greece and Spain entitled “Environmental aspects related to mining and combustion of coal in power plants”
Iordanidis, A., Buckman, J., Triantafyllou, A.G., Asvesta A., (2008), ‘Fly ash–airborne particles from Ptolemais–Kozani area, northern Greece, as determined by ESEM-EDX’, International Journal of Coal Geology, Vol. 73, pp. 63-73.
Iordanidis A., Garcia-Guinea J., Strati A., Gkimourtzina A., Papoulidou A. (2011). Byzantine wall paintings from Kastoria, northern Greece: spectroscopic study of pigments and efflorescing salts, Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, Vol. 78 (2), pp. 874-887.
Iordanidis A., Schwarzbauer J., Georgakopoulos A., van Lagen B. (2012). Organic geochemistry of Amynteo lignite deposit, northern Greece: a multi-analytical approach. Geochemistry International, Vol. 50 (2), 159-178.
Iordanidis A., Garcia-Guinea J., Giousef Ch., Angelopouos A., Doulgerakis M., Papadopoulou L. (2013). Characterization of gallbladder stones from cholelithiasis patients of northern Greece, using complementary techniques, Spectroscopy Letters, Vol. 46 (4), 301-306.
Iordanidis A., Garcia-Guinea J., Garas S., Asvesta A., Triantafyllou A.G. (2014). Application of μRaman microscopy to the identification of individual airborne particles: preliminary results from Kozani’s area, northern Greece, Particulate Science and Technology, Vol. 32 (4), 355-359.
Iordanidis A., Georgakopoulos A., Kalaitzidis S. (2014). Petrographic composition and palaeoenvironment of the Amynteo lignite deposit, northern Greece. Energy Sources, Part A Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects Vol. 36, 2715-2724.
Iordanidis A., Schwarzbauer J., Gudulas K. and Garcia-Guinea J. (2016). Organic contaminants in the groundwaters of a lignite-bearing basin from northern Greece, Desalination and Water Treatment Vol. 57 (12), 5435-5443.
Iordanidis A., Asvesta A., Vasileiadou A. (2018). Combustion behaviour of different types of solid wastes and their blends with lignite, Thermal Science, Vol. 22 (2), 1077-1088.