Home » news
Category Archives: news
– International Conference on Raw Materials and Circular Economy “Technological Developments and Future Challenges”
It is our pleasure to announce the International Conference on Raw Materials and Circular Economy (“RawMat2021”) which will be held in Athens, Greece, from 5 to 9 September, 2021.
RawMat2021 shall address a wide range of technological developments and future challenges regarding Raw Materials with emphasis given on Circular Economy aspects.
RawMat2021 aims to bring together the Academic community, engineers, early-stage scientists as well as senior scientists, industry executives, stakeholders and policy makers, and other professionals in the field of raw materials for a comprehensive, cross-discipline exchange of knowledge.
RawMat2021 is co-organized by:
– Association of Greek mining companies (tbc)
– Hellenic Survey of Geology and Mineral Exploration
– Geotechnical Chamber of Greece (tbc)
– Geological Society of Greece
– Scientific Society of the Mineral Wealth Technologists of Greece
– School of Mineral Resources Engineering, Technical University of Crete
– Department of Mineral Resources Engineering, University of Western Macedonia
– Department of Geology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (tbc)
– Department of Chemistry, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
– Department of Geology and Geo-environment, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (tbc)
– Department of Geology, University of Patras
– Greek Ministry of Environment and Energy (tbc)
More information can be found on the conference website: https://www.rawmat2021.gr/congress/
The Department of Mineral Resources Engineering of the University of Western Macedonia, Greece, would like to thank Maptek, provider of the leading mine planning software Maptek Vulcan, for the long running support and the immediate response to the new academic needs created due to the pandemic. Maptek Vulcan has been used for 20 years in the Mining Informatics and Geostatistics courses of the Environmental and Geotechnology Engineering degree and is now introduced to the Mine Planning and Applied Geostatistics course of the new Mineral Resources Engineering degree, provided by our Department. Maptek, at the Department’s request, provided 30 academic licenses of Maptek Vulcan and access to the software for our students through special online accounts.
The first day of switching to distance learning courses due to the COVID-19 pandemic was a complete success for the Department of Mineral Resources Engineering at the University of Western Macedonia. Our students were able to attend our virtual classrooms and lectures from all over Greece using the Zoom Meetings and Open eClass platforms. Attendance was well over 70% in all cases. We wish students, staff and families to remain healthy and keep up with the hard work!