The Department of Mineral Resources Engineering, School of Engineering, UoWM, aiming at the enhancement of its Undergraduate Programme and its closer and more effective connection with the Greek mineral resources industry and Academia, has formed an Advisory Committee comprising members from important companies and institutions in the field, as well as related Departments and Schools of other Universities. The members of the committee are the following (in alphabetical order):
- Albanopoulos Charalambos, General Secretary of the Marble Association of Macedonia-Thrace – Director of Quarries, IKTINOS HELLAS SA
- Apostolikas Athanasios, Member of the Board of Directors of the Association of Mining Companies, Director of Geological – Mining Research, LARCO G.M.M.C.
- Vythoulkas Konstantinos, Head of Quarry Development, GEOHELLAS
- Gontelitsas Athanasios, Professor, Department of Geology and Geoenvironment, UoA
- Kalaitzidis Stavros, Associate Professor, Department of Geology, University of Patras
- Koronaios Antonios, Professor, Department of Geology, AUTh
- Laskaridis Konstantinos, Director of Mineral Resources & Mining E.A.G.M.E.
- Lyssaridis Nikolaos, Deputy Regional Head of Regional Development, Region of Western Macedonia
- Melidis Chrysovalantis, Member of Standing Committees of TCG – Department of Western Macedonia
- Menegaki Maria, Professor, School of Mining and Metallurgical Engineering, NTUA
- Bourmas Georgios, Underground Mining Development Manager, GRECIAN MAGNESITE
- Paschalidou Ioanna, Inspection of Mines of Northern Greece
- Roubos Christos, Director of Mining Studies, PPC SA
- Steiakakis Emmanouil, Associate Professor, School of Mineral Resources Engineering, Technical University of Crete
- Tzamos Evangelos, General Manager Ecoresources / CEO GRawMat Innovation Cluster
- Tzeferis Petros, General Manager of Mineral Raw Materials, Ministry of Environment and Energy
- Tomos Christos, Senior Reservoir Engineer, Energean
The Committee caters for the development and certification of an effective undergraduate programme, expresses its opinion on the achievement of its learning objectives, and helps its update in line with international standards and trends. The Committee is expected to provide the Department with experience, strategic guidance, and information regarding the undergraduate programme, as well as general professional, research, and training issues.